Sunday, 30 August 2009

The Etape 2010 - The Challenge Starts Today

The 2009 Tour is long over and like many other thousands who watched the event from the comfort of a sofa I've been inspired to ride the Etape in 2010. Of course, as of today I have no idea when or where the event is to happen although such logistics can fall into place in the months that follow.

This is my first blog and I very much doubt anyone will find the time or any reason to pop by and read it although I figure this to be a suitable way of putting my thoughts and progress down on a type of paper so to speak that I'm unable to leave on a train.

For the most part I'm relatively fit with a fair pair of lungs and with a back ground in long distance running. That said the Etape and the distances such an event necessitates is very new to me. I'm relatively new to cycling and thus far haven't gone further than 50 miles in one go.

Training starts today. I certainly have a long way to go until the Etape in 2010 and by no means am I underestimating the challenge and work this adventure entails. As it's raining and blowing a gale outside I'll be off into the loft within a few mins to find the turbo that was sent upstairs towards the end of last winter.

I suspect the turbo and I are to become very good pals over the next few months. I must resist giving her a name.....

No comments:

Post a Comment