It's been a while
It certainly has. I wrote my last entry here back some time in July of last year. At the time I was naturally disappointed with how things turned out with illness preventing me from riding in the 2010 Etape.
But of course, that is all very much in the past.....
Truth be told I'm giving the Etape and other such adventures a miss during 2011. I've a new born son (Rory T born 11/1/11) and a proud mother to look after and spending the 10 - 15 hours a week out training during these early months of his life seems a tad selfish.
Of course. This certainly doesn't mean I wont look to do similar things in the future - say in perhaps 2012 or 2013.
In the meantime I'm keeping fit, am still cycling and am back running a couple of times a week too.
Thanks once again to all those who took a few mins out of their lives to read and to even pass a few comments once in a while.
All the best
Stuart T
Monday, 24 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on your son. All the best, Simon
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new arrival. I had the same dilemma with a new baby daughter arriving at the end of December. I've decided to push ahead with La Marmotte and am hoping things work out. Priorities have definitely changed however!
ReplyDeleteThanks both. Hope all is good for you.
ReplyDeleteRob - congrats and all the best for the Marmotte. That should be an epic day out in the mountains.
Interestingly Ive been playing with the idea of doing a few Duathlons later this year. My background is in the marathon and now that I've had nearly three years off (with lots of physio and three knee ops) everything seems to be well.
Perhaps i can see another blog coming.....
All the best
It was a nice surprise looking around and seeing you are back. Congratulations to you on the birth of Rory. Hope to see you blogging your sporting adventures some time.
ReplyDeleteAll the best, Andrew