Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Training - early days but all's good

Over a week into the challenge and things are fine. No aches, pains or strains. Mileage on the bike is nothing special although I'm not keen to push myself too hard too soon. That's one thing I've learned from the past 15 years running - break the 10% week on week increase and injury surely follows.

As for the recent training I've abandoned the Turbo and have gone outside. The weekend that's just gone was splendid enough to head out onto the roads and get an easy hour and half under my belt. The weather warm with little wind - almost perfect conditions save for the pot holes and other detritus on the Berkshire roads. Fill that hole and the local government equivalent have a few new reports sitting in their email boxes.

So far I've avoided attaching my spedo or cadence sensors. For the time being I want to concentrate on getting a base level of endurance before I start to track the miles. I suspect I'll start to think about such things in early November. For the time being I need to get fit. The weekly jump on the scales remains a scary prospect. Ideally I'd like to loose 2 stone - now that is a scary thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment