I'm off to Perth (no not the one in Scotland) for a 3 week break. Having just about moulded myself into a fairly basic training routine I'll no doubt come back having lost what little fitness I've gained since beginning this blog a few weeks ago.
That said, I'm not overly worried - the Etape isn't until mid to early July next year which is clearly plenty time to get to the level of fitness that's clearly required to complete the event. But that's really not the attitude is it? I shouldn't really be looking to simply complete the event should I? A "time" of some sorts should really be my aim.
A bronze standard perhaps, if not silver? Well perhaps..... I'll not really know how things are shaping up for 6 or so months once my body and fitness levels start to attune to cycling rather than what it's used to - i.e. running and not lots and lots of pedalling.
So OK - this is likely to be my last entry for the best part of 3 weeks and here's the story so far:
Miles ridden - 153
Weight - 12.3 St / 78kg
Back in a few weeks..............
Tuesday, 15 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment