I've brought my bike too and have been out for some nice and easy rides along the coast roads - fantastic views out to sea and what surprised me most, really really nice roads.
Guernsey doesn't get the hard frosts or much snow so the tarmac doesn't tend to get chewed up to badly and I don't think I've seen a pot hole to speak of
I've taken the bike away a few times although this was only the second trip where I've given it over to the nice people of the baggage handling trade. I've invested in a box from Bike Box Alan and while the price is on the high side I've nothing but praise for this giant suitcase.
The afore mentioned box
And here's a shot of the box in the car - a good fit I think you will agree....
Even the people at customs (who had me unpack and repack the thing) seemed impressed which of course is nice...... Thankfully it arrived in one piece with the box holding up nicely. No bruises to the bike and within 5 mins it was all set up and ready to go.
But anyway.... After my last post which was written in a slight moment and mood of what I can only describe as "melancholy", I'm feeling positive again. True to my word I will be pulling back on the training to some extent although I'm still looking forward to the day.
I think it's about 16 weeks????
That bike box looks excellent, the Rolls-Royce of bike boxes! Glad to hear you are training, hope it goes well. BTW - under 17 training weeks to go!
ReplyDelete17 weeks - well thats a week more than I thought!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news!!