So that's it. Like many other's, I awoke today thinking the hard part of this years Etape is over.
While the last couple of months haven't been the easiest with an annoying knee problem that seems to flare up after 4 hours in the saddle, I'm happy to be starting the taper before the big event in 13 days time. This should give me plenty of time to rest up and get the legs ready, and willing, to perform.
Since January I've ridden close to 6,000kms and boy do my legs feel it. I spent yesterday's long ride getting some more hilly miles under my belt.
Clearly the hills of Berkshire are little match for those of the Pyrenees although if they were good enough for the '08 tour of Brittan then they are good enough for me.....
But seriously, all that's left is to rest, stay healthy and actually do the thing.
Monday, 5 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment