Final prep
Like a few others no doubt I've been going through the last few details for the Etape logistics.
Boring? Perhaps - although essential to get correct as I'd be mighty annoyed if I wasn't able to ride for not having done something as silly as not printing my registration note to take to the number collection point the day before the event.
Parc Ferm
The only thing that's slightly worrying me is the idea of needing to leave my bike at the start point the day before. I'm told it will be well looked after and that there's no chance it will be tampered with, stolen or even looked at wrongly although still, I'm not happy with this arrangement.
Is this the same for everyone (I'm with French Cycling Holidays)or just something my tour organisers have put in place?
Clearly things are what they are and I cant change the situation. That said, I really shouldn't have to worry about such simple things after the months of training. I hadn't figured for needing to do an all over bike check at 6am the day of the Etape when I'll be half asleep and no doubt quite tetchy with nerves.
Then of course theres the small matter of insurance. I've checked. My pride and joy wont be covered and no, I cant get any additional cover.
Good grief
Deep breaths Stuart. Things will be fine...........
Friday, 9 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Stuart
ReplyDeleteYou must be with the same people as me. I'm glad i'm not the only one with concerns about this. Am a bit reluctant to let my "pride and joy" out of my site at the best of times and not sure the insurance i've taken out covers this either.
Not too chuffed about the sugegstion I ride the bike 45km from Lourdes to registration the day before either, i planned some well earned rest that day!
As usual things will work out I'm sure but could do without the added concerns, still working out how i get the bike to France as packed in its case its too heavy for the plane I'm booked on!
Good luck with the Etape!
Hi Zugz
ReplyDeleteThanks for the message. I'm with French Cycling Holidays and yes, I'm not too happy with the pre race day bike arrangements.
As for the ride to Pau the day before.... No chance. I'll be getting a lift there thanks very much.
I might go for a half hour spin around Lourdes but no more.
All the best for the day!
Sounds a bit poor to me lads sorry. You would think they could get you transport on the day with your bike in to Pau? and on registration day.
ReplyDeleteI am sure the bikes will be fine all the same.