I've never been a fan of packing for any holiday and with the added complexity of lugging a 20kg bike box to the South of France I find myself writing this post with a fervent grump on.
Unpacking, well I'm even worse at that. Suitcases and travel bags tend to sit in my hallway or upstairs landing for a minimum of a week while their contents gently evaporate into the washing machine or back in the cupboards.
But anyways. The bike box is packed and stands proud where I normally put the annual Xmas tree. It looks rather good - resplendent in black with a somewhat grotesque Shimano sticker across it.
List of things I'm taking:
So here's the full list of kit I've decided to take for anyone interested.....
- The R3. Naturally.
- 4 Inner tubes, 3 of which I'll carry on the day. The other being for those just in case moment
- 5 CO2 canisters, 4 of which I'll carry on the day.
- A track pump
- 3 Jerseys
- 3 bib shorts
- A spare set of cleats
- Bottles
- About 10 energy bars / gels
- Zip ties and Gaffer tape (there's almost nothing that cant be fixed with a combination of these two items)
- Chamois cream
- Gillet & thin rain coat. I'll decide which one to pack on the day
- Arm warmers
- A couple of bin bags to wrap up in at the start
- A few plasters and anti-septic wipes
Things I'm not taking:
And may regret having not done so.....
- A mini pump
- A chain tool
- Leg warmers
- Shoe covers
- A spare chain
I'm having major second thoughts about not taking that mini pump.
Wednesday, 7 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment