Saturday, 23 January 2010

2010 event calendar

I've mentioned a few times over the past weeks and months that I'd post a brief calendar view of the sportives and other events I hope to tackle this year.

I've promised a few other things that I've yet to get round to such as i) review the Cycle Film Tourmalet DVD (it's ace!!) and ii) post a few pics of my Cervelo (It's yet to be built). I'll get round to these. Promise.

Anyway. At the moment, as far as sporting events go, 2010 ends on the 18th of July at the top of the Tourmalet. I'm not looking at anything past the Etape. Nothing. Zip. Nada. I may choose to ride an early autumn sportive although I'll not look further into this until I've recovered from the post Etape hangover / come down.

So then, here we go:

April 5th: Guernsey Easter Half Marathon - flat and fast with usually a tail wind for the 1st 10 miles.


May 9th: Hampshire Hilly Hundred - quite unsurprisingly a 100mile sportive in Hampshire. Relatively local to me and with just under 2400m of climbing a nice warm up for.....

June 6th: The Dragon Ride - now I'm really looking forward to this. 112 miles in the Welsh hills. A perfect warm up for the Etape the following month.


So that's it. Just the three events although I'm confident the two sportives are perfect preparation for the big one.

Anyone else taking on the Dragon?

Ps - am ill again.... Third time in as many months. I think my immune system needs an MOT.

3 comments:

  1. I've also now entered the Dragon Ride as what will probably be my final build up cycling event for the Etape. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stuart - I've signed up for the Dragon along with a few friends of mine. We will all be on the start line in Pau come July so thought this would be an ideal prep ride (both in terms of the course profile and the number of cyclists all using the same bit of tarmac).

    Cycling Weekly have covered it before and rank it as one of the best sportives in the country - I'm very much looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, Dan - great to hear you're both riding the Dragon. Hopefully it will serve as some great preparation for the main event come Pau in July.

    ReplyDelete