Saturday, 9 January 2010

The UK is still closed for business

Shovelling duties done

I'm rather tired at the moment. In someways I'm sad as this tiredness has nothing todo with cycling, running or a lack of sleep. I'll explain.

As everyone in the UK will know our country is pretty much closed at the moment due to the largest accumulation of snowfall in 20 or so years. We had a good 11 inches in the past few days. I'll not bore you with any snaps of my own but please see for yourself the extent of the big freeze - the picture below was taken over the past few days. Snow - everywhere.....



In truth I've never seen anything like it. I grew up in the Channel Island of Guernsey which as a small island closer to France than the UK never saw any snow. An by never I do mean never. As you can expect this type of snow and the inconvenience that it causes is also very new to me. For the first time in my life I spent 3 hours this morning digging the snow and ice off my driveway.

Every inch of my body above the waist aches. Goodness knows how I'll feel once the DOMS pain really kicks in. But anyway, as is often the case I digress....

"The Banned Issue - Pro Cycling Feb '10"

"It's human nature to want to be stronger, better, richer" Riccardo Ricco

An interesting sentiment although its hard not to read it with a wry smile and a shake of the head given from whose mouth it came.

I'll leave this point here.....

My thoughts should be transparent enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment