Friday, 15 January 2010

New bike build - a slight delay

Well sadly the build of the bike I mentioned a few days ago has been postponed for a few days. I couldn't really justify taking the time off work and while I could have used the old "I'll be working from home" ruse, this is exactly the sort of occasion where my boss is likely to catch me. Unlikely, but given my luck, it could happen.

Naturally I'd hoped to be out on the new bike over the forthcoming weekend. By tomorrow the snow should have all but gone with only the grit and salt to get in the eyes and the way. Of course these aren't ideal conditions but really, a bit of grit shouldn't stop me getting out and about now should it?

That said, perhaps the little devil in me is ever so slightly happy not to have the new machine on the roads quite so soon. After all, at least by not going out this weekend it wont need a clean after ride number one....

Still. I have a good weekend of training to look forward to:

- Sat: 2 hour endruance ride (probably on the turbo)
- Sun: 4 hour easy(ish) spin (again, probably on the turbo)

These sessions are on the back of a good week where everything seems to have gone well. I'm feeling strong and have little or no tiredness in the legs which given I'm now hitting the 9 - 10 hour weekly mark is a tad surprising. I had expected some soreness in at least the quads but so far since coming back from illness in December, such feelings have been blissfully absent.

Whats more, I've added a new first into the training diary as I managed to maintain an average of over 40 kmph over a session lasting 1hr 30.

Again, this was on the turbo although hopefully come some good or even some middling weather I'll be able replicate such form out on the roads. Time and the sun shine will tell.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you - I couldn't take that beautiful new bike out until conditions improve. I think 40km/h avg over that time is very good going indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrew - it was a good session, one of those times on the bike when everything just clicked into place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 hours on the turbo? I really don't think I could force myself to do that - you must be very strong in the brain as well as the legs!

    ReplyDelete