Tuesday, 9 February 2010

A few (work enforced) days off

I've been neglecting this little blog of mine over the past few weeks and have STILL yet to post any pics of my new bike (scroll to the bottom of the post if interested.

Truth is I've been away to Germany for work over the past week or so and have had very little free time to train let alone post anything here.

Germany I quite like. Dusseldorf, where I've spent the last few days on the other hand, I enjoy very little. It's far to "industrial" for me. I like my greenery, my fields and my wide open spaces hence why I live in the Countryside. Big towns and Cities just dont do it for me. Perhaps it's the smog? Perhaps it's the people or perhaps I'm just not cut out for life where you must live very much in the pocket of others.

As for training, well as you can imagine you cant really take a bike away with you on a business trip. Of course I'd love to take the my ride with me although I very much doubt my company would foot the bill for it's transportation.

Running trainers, well that's easy enough. Shove them in your carry on bag and away you go.

So that's it really. Man I'm looking forward to getting on the bike tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling - work can be a real training killer. Today I am travelling for 7-8 hours all for a 2 hour meeting. Not happy :-(

    ReplyDelete