Here's a few snaps of my ride taken just outside Uffington, home of the Uffington Horse. Glorious.
Anyway, back to the topic in hand
What I learned from my recent trip to Primera to have a decent bike fit:
1) I am a freak
In body geometrical terms, I'm not particularly normal. You see it turns out I have really long legs and a short little stumpy upper body. Now I'm not the tallest of people (5' 8" in shoes) so this was and still is interesting news. I've also managed to grow a shoulders of a 6' footer.
It also makes getting a bike to fit quite interesting. I need something with quite a short top tube but quite a long seat tube. Ideally I need a customer fit although the nice men of my not so LBS managed to get my R3 set up perfectly with lots of tweaking of stem length, seat post height and saddle positioning.
2) Florence may need to go
Sadly Florence although quite new isn't really fit for purpose. She's simply too big and the difference between riding her and the R3 is a country mile apart.
The R3, well it just feels right whereas on Florence I feel over stretched and that I'm constantly over reaching to the bars and to the pedals.
She just doesn't feel right to ride anymore which is a shame and dearly wish I hadn't just gone and bought her without having a decent bike fit first. I'll wait a few weeks before taking a decision. She's well specced so I could get another frame and transfer the parts rather than splashing out on another bike.
There's a lesson here - and I'm sure I'll have a lecture from Mrs T about false economies and such......
No comments:
Post a Comment