I've just got back home from riding the Hampshire Hilly Hundred. Wasn't the best weather although it became more passable by the hour.
Hilly? Yes in places. My Garmin showed a 27% gradient at one point which can't be right can it?
Anyway. I loved it. I missed the Gold Standard by a few mins although in truth I rather limped the last 20 kms home having failed to eat enough en route.
Stupid, stupid stupid.
That said, this ride today has given me lots of confidence for the Dragon Ride and for the Etape. 10th weeks and counting.
Many thanks to everyone I met. As ever I didn't get any names but I must say a very big hello to the chap in the Saxo Bank top with the Zipp 404 wheels. Top bloke.....
I'm off to eat everything in my fridge. I may even consider eating some of that cream cheese that been sitting in there for far too long.
Sunday, 9 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great effort Stuart. Your transition from runner to cyclist seems to have been very successful so far.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Sounds like you got a great time.
ReplyDeleteAndrew, Rob - many thanks. I had lots of fun.
ReplyDeleteBring on the Dragon.