Yesterday I hit a bathroom scales observing landmark in as much as I've lost 28lbs / 2 stone / 12.7kgs in weight since mid October of last year. I'm the lightest I've been for years and feel great.
The only downside of shifting much of the lard off my gut is that none of my clothes fit me any more. New shirts and suits... Check... Cost to bank balance... How Much!!!

Anyway, as you can see from the pic I decided to celebrate with a fatty sausage and hash brown roll - all the hallmarks of a delicious and nutritious breakfast I'm sure you will agree.
A cause for celebration 2)
My dragon ride numbers and info have arrived. Hooray!!!
A cause for consolation 1)
A few weeks ago I posted how I intended to spend the last few months of Etape training prior to the taper. A few people at the time remarked it seemed overly ambitious and perhaps I was somewhat flippant with my responses.
Truth time. The programme was too hard. I lasted 2 weeks before crumpling one 5am Tuesday morning. I had tried to train like my body and powers of recuperation were still in their early 20s and not in it's middling 30s.
I was stupid. You the good readers were quite correct....
A cause for consolation 2)
I have a saddle sore. It hurts and is quite annoying.
I'd noticed a slight "hot spot" on my perineum during yesterdays ride and after some careful bathroom mirror arranging antics noticed a small zit sized pimple somewhere I'd rather it wasn't.
With no Savlon to hand I've opted for a nice dosage of E45 cream.
I'm hoping not to have to resort to the old age trick of the peloton whereby you cut a hole in your saddle to ease the pressure.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment