Friday, 9 April 2010

Sun, sun at last!!!

If you’re anything like me then you’ll have a nice big smile on your face due for the most part to the change in the weather. That’s right. It’s actually quite warm and as I type, I can feel there’s a certain smell of spring in the air. Of course that might just be one of the local farms laying down some silage…….

Yesterday was gorgeous. I spent a wonderful hour and a half after work out and about on the bike with bare legs and short sleeve top. My cycle computer later told me the temperature peaked at a balmy 16 degrees – it’s no wonder I had to roll my arm warmers down to my wrists mid ride!!

I’d forgotten how good it is to feel the wind on the legs and arms as I cycle / potter / hammer ~(depending on how my ego is feeling) down the hedgerow covered lanes close to where I live.

Other’s too had the same idea. I passed six or seven other cyclists who for all cases but one bode me a fond hello which I was more than happy to return. Perhaps there is camaraderie to be found in lycra after all?

What’s truly great is that if the nice people at the Met office are to be believed then this warm(ish) snap is set to continue into the weekend.

Lets face it, after the winter we have had we deserve a little break in the weather.

Here’s hoping everything goes to the weather man’s plan…..

2 comments:

  1. I rode to the swimming pool this morning and got the temperature very wrong. I thought it was chilly and by hald way, I was uncomfortably hot.

    Do I dare put my tights away for good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon

    Yep - I'll be putting my tights away this weekend.

    That said, I'll not be getting rid of the winter growth on my legs just yet.

    That would be tempting fate just a little too much me thinks.

    All the best

    ReplyDelete