Awoke this morning very much feeling in the legs that I've completed the first month of serious / proper training for next years Etape.
While modest by some standards I'm happy having completed 30 hours of training this month with an average of around 7 hours in the saddle per week. In terms of fitness and building an endurance base this is coming along nicely too. My resting HR is down a few BPM's and I'm already able to ride 3 - 5 kmph faster at a given HR (155bpm) than a month ago. Hopefully all being well I'll be able to continue these gains and build upon them over the forthcoming months.
This week is all about resting. As I mentioned above my legs are sore and I feel I've reach a point where I'm not sufficiently recovering between sessions.
I've planned a week of R&R every 5th week where I'll take the time and intensity of my training back to a level slightly below that of 4 weeks ago. I used this type of approach throughout my marathon training and found my body responded well to it.
So in summary so far so good.
I'm enjoying the training and have a pair of sit bones now used to being banged about on the saddle. I've not felt this motivated about anything for such a very long time. Without really noticing I'd clearly become jaded with running and was doing it out of a personal feeling of obligation rather than of joy or desire.
I've got the fire back.
Monday, 16 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment