It seems, like others, I've succumbed to the first dose of winter '09 illness. It's nothing too bad, no more than a numb head, a feeling of utter lethargy and a dripping nose.
I knew it was coming early in the week when my tell tale sign of impending Man Flu appeared at the corner of my mouth - a nice big Cold Sore..... I can almost see it without needing to look in the mirror. This Herpes of the face (as described by my local Swedish chemist - think the Chef from The Muppets and you have the correct image) is of course little more than annoyance. After liberal applications of a Boots own remedy I'll be fine. I'll also be able to go outside again.......
Of course things could be much worse. I'll take the next 5 days off the bike to get better. There's really no point driving myself to further illness with the Etape still quite some time away.
So there's not much to be done this weekend other than to plonk my backside on the sofa and consume my body weight in chicken soup. I may even go French and knock back a glass or two of a nice Red. I hear it's supposed to be good for you.....
Friday, 27 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment