Yesterday's session was a real effort. I'd had a manic day at work and wasn't home until 9ish. I've already said somewhere at the start of this blog that I don't mind turbo sessions. I actually enjoy them which seems to be a view not widely held by the majority of people - just see any cycle forum if by chance your not convinced.
Of course there are times when I do struggle to get the gear out, to set up the bike, fan and all the other associated gubbins inherent with indoor training. I could quite easily have bailed on the session. It was late, the sofa looked comfortable and the allure of rubbish TV was so very very strong....
Then something happened I didn't expect; an earful from Mrs T and quite motivational it was too. For years Mrs T has put up with my training, my times out on the road and the Sundays I've not been around. I had wondered if the Etape would be a step too far especially given the hours I'll need to devote to the training.
Seemingly not. Without her the sofa and no doubt a nice glass / bottle of red would have won me over.
Mrs T, you really are rather special.
Wednesday, 4 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good on you Mrs T (good way to make sure you have control of the remote!)
ReplyDeleteI have to come clean and make a public declaration too: My name's Rob and I like turbo sessions. (Doubt I'll be saying the same thing by the end of the winter though!)