Saturday, 7 November 2009

The first 100km ride

Woke up to clear skies and little wind. I had planned an hour long endurance session on the turbo but decided to make the most of the weather by swapping the longer ride I'd had planned for Sunday.

I'd planned this 100k route for a while having found it on the BikeRadar website. While I don't own a GPS unit I followed the route below as close as I could with a start and finish point in Wantage.



It's quite a hilly route and I'm pleased I got round in a little under 3hrs 15mins. I'll definitely do the route again. It's very picturesque with few cars making it an ideal training route. Next time I'll take my camera and I'll post a few images from along the way.

While I'm tired and perhaps a little sore in the legs I'm pleased with the day. I've gone over 100k for the first time and feel a real sense of achievement. Todays ride has further reinforced how far I've still to go before I'm physically and mentally fit enough to see the Etape through.

The other important lesson I've learned today is never to forget the chamois cream. My legs are not the only things feeling sore this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment