I'm back from my trip abroad and have found the route and elimination times are up on the Etape website.
We have 11.5 hours to get from Pau to the Tourmalet.
I'm not wanting to tempt fate but this seems to give a minimum average speed of around 16km/h (9.8 mph).
Of course our speed will need to be higher as the elimination time starts from the first rider over the line. I'll need to remember that.
I wonder how many people will forget and get caught out?
Thursday, 10 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you look at that I can see there are other cutoff times which makes sense but I take it that there is no need to dib in or check in at any control points like we do in UK sportives?
ReplyDeleteGood point Andrew. As for the dibbing - I hope not and I've not seen anyone else mention it?
ReplyDeletePerhaps past Etapeists can comment?
No dibbing as far as I know. I however assumed there would be in 2008.
ReplyDeleteI understand if your right at the back (me) then you have 40 mins to get moving? I just hope thoes in front can get off asap.
So yeah I reckon 11hrs 40mins hours is doable.