Well I'm all set. Accommodation and entry all sorted.
Having spent much of yesterday afternoon and early evening going over the logistics of the Etape, I've opted to let other people do all the tedious organisational stuff. All i need do is get up those hills.
As I was never going to get a place via the Velo magazine I had thought about going to the event on an entry only ticket. While this seemed a great idea and while it is of course great to be an indepenent travelor the logistics dont add up.
I get lost going to the shops. I'll also never ask for directions etc so the odds on everything running smoothly in the few days leading up to the Etape would from expereince be slim to none. I've opted for a package from the seemingly good people at French Cycling Holidays. Agreed, its on the pricey side although I'll take the hit in the wallet for them to get me to and from the places I need to be in a good order.
So there's very little left for me to do but the training. Oh and perhaps to buy myself a nice light bike with a tripple?
Thursday, 15 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good to see other first-timers taking on the challenge. I look forward to reading about your build up.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rob - naturally I'm really looking forward to the challenge and if I'm being totally truthful I'm quite daunted by it.
ReplyDeleteWhile I've an endurance background I've not attempted anything requiring such physical exertion. My work colleagues are thinking of running a book on where the Broom Wagon passes me. Philistines.....