
So this years Etape is stage 17 that starts in Pau and ends up at the Tourmalet. So the rumours were true. Were all off to the very South of the country. I'd better pack lots of sun bloc.
On the face of it it seems on the short side at only 174km. While short it will certainly be intense and I'm rather chuffed the col at the finish will be the high point of the Tour. Hopefully the view at 2115m will be worth the climb......
By the look of the route it seems were being asked to tackle the Tourmalet from its steepest side from Bareges and then only after we have been over the Col de Marie-Blanque and the Col du Soulor at 1035m and 1474m respectively.
Quite clearly this will not be easy although it's do-able. I had better get shifting that flab around my gut.
No comments:
Post a Comment