Or to be more on the money - hypoglycemia - when the body is suffering from low levels of blood glucose. My first and hopefully last bonk of this journey to the etape.
Weak. Dizzy. Nauseous. Heart palpitations??
That was me a few hours ago.
I finish work at 4 on a Friday and went straight out on the bike. Sadly things didn't go too well. Thankfully I was only 10 or so mins form home and not half way up the (i.e. Lance Armstrong in 2000 - sadly I cant find a good link for this - pre youtube I guess?) somewhere similar.
I really only have myself to blame. Last night I'd gone to a office leaving do and after only 5 hours sleep and too much booze. This morning I still had a 2 hour journey from London to make it into the office for half 8 which I duly managed before scoffing a bacon sandwich.
Things didn't get too much better throughout the day. Two bottle of diet coke, a packet of crisps and a shop bought sandwich left me feeling so guilty I reasoned a trip out on the bike was needed - some type of atonement perhaps?
Silly idea.
Serves me very much right.
Friday, 30 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment