Please, indulge yourself with a few examples:
- i) Snow delays the Xmas binge
- ii) Trapped overnight on the A34... or some other road somewhere.....
Whereas every other country on Earth seems able to predict and get on with business as usual activities such as oh I don't know...... keeping the roads and trains running, we in the UK do things differently. By doing things differently I of course mean we don't actually do anything.
3 inches of snow fell last night and I cant get my car out of the village as the roads are sheet ice with not a gritter to be seen for miles. Now I'm no expert and I'm certainly not a weatherman although I can read the weather forecast.
I knew this weather was coming and I'm quite sure the people being paid to send out the men and women in those massive gritting lorries have similar if not better meteorological info available to them.
Hen's teeth!!!!
Of course this really shouldn't be too much of a shock to anyone. We are British after all. and while we moan and whinge into our Bovril I suspect were all too lazy and apathetic do do anything other than...... oh I dont know...... other than to moan and whinge into our Bovril.
Anyway - enough ranting. I'm STILL ill with man flu although I'll get my every increasing lardy backside onto the Turbo. In the meantime please feel free to enjoy a few snaps of the snow. At least the views are nice and quite calming. On the other hand the chap taking the pictures was very much a model of anger, frustration and....... oh what the hell.
Mrs T - pass the Bovril please.........

No comments:
Post a Comment