Monday, 21 December 2009

Illness & weight gain

This little "man flu / cold" episode I'm fighting my way through is dragging on. Not only is it stopping me ride it seems to be helping me to pile back on the lbs.

This always seems to happen when I'm ill as I tend too not just comfort eat, but to comfort graze which becomes comfort face filling. The sad thing is that for the most part I'm eating whenever I go into the kitchen which, on the basis of a Mrs T's mental notes from yesterday is about twice an hour.

For the most part I'm not even hungry. I'm just fed up, bored & generally feeling a little bit crappy. My total lack of self control is summed up by the following notes on my diet as taken by Mrs T yesterday afternoon:

- 10.25: Ham and cheese sandwich
- 10.50: 1 finger of a Twix bar
- 11.05: The other finger of the Twix bar opened at 10.50
- 11.45: Cheese toasty with Worcester & Tabasco source
- 12.30: A packet of Hula Hoops
- 13.45: A handful of bite size shredded wheat, dry, with no milk........................ The list goes on.

This explains how I've managed to put on 4 lbs in as many days. Man I need shot of this cold asap......

2 comments:

  1. I know this is a serious issue but it did make me laugh. I'm sure I have the exact same food diary entry somewhwere. The half-n-half trick is great. Half now, half in 20 minutes is always less calories than all now. I though I was the only person for feasted on handfuls of cereal. At least yours was shredded wheat. Mine is usually the kids coco-pops.

    Without sounding all Loose Women, keep trying with the weight. It will be worth it come July. However, its not the be-all and end-all. I was the lightest I had been in years when I went up Mont Ventoux this year but I was still a stone and a half too heavy. I know that if I had shifted the weight I would have been faster but I still beat many many skinny riders due to lots of long days training in hills. That's what really matters.

    Great web site by the way. I look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon - thanks for the comments and keep fighting with the weight. In truth I'm really not that lardy but hey, I'll keep trying to get to something I'm happy with.

    Of course, I have no plans to go anywhere near a set os scales until mid Jan. Xmas parties, my in laws Xmas roast and much more besides beckon.....

    All the best and good luck with the training.

    ReplyDelete