Saturday, 12 December 2009

Another run, great views & enjoyable trails

Another good day. Happy and excited to be running again with no pain in the knees I decided to go out again this afternoon. This time I opted to run a section of the Guernsey cliff paths in the South of the island.


Yep - I ran up from that white building at the bottom of the picture - my things were on fire when taking this pic


A German pill box, left over from the occupation during WWII


Steps - hundreds of steps. All of which seem oddly spaced - damn hard work

As the images above suggest, best described as unstable and undulating, these tracks offer fantastic views of the sea and a first class cardio work out. Of course you need to be careful. Its easy to fall over a loose rock or stumble up one of the steps that line the way.

Ok, the weather could have been nicer but who cares, especially when you have this to look at on the way home:

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing. So is this going to be a sustained return to running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob - I'm undecided although in truth it felt great to be running again. My calf muscles have been moaning over the past few days though!

    ReplyDelete