Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Grey skies & rain

Has anyone seen the sun in the past month? I'm told that round my way we had only two rain free days in the whole of November and if the ongoing grey skies and rain are anything to go by December will be much of the same.

I didn't go out on the road at all last week - all 9 hours were done on the turbo. I know I should have gone outside for my long ride but I'm as weak as the next man in the cold and the rain so I spent the 4 hours in the warmth of the front room with Sky Sports for company.

I'm thinking 4 hours is about my limit.

Any longer and perhaps my brain would melt and drip out of my head. In that case I'd need more than a bike thong.......



Above: Ok - so thats not me.....

2 comments:

  1. 9 hours on the turbo and 4 hours in one session?! OK, now I'm getting worried about you! I've not been more than an hour in a session and that felt like long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't mind all that much - its all time on the bike which must be good, no?

    OK, while I like the turbo I do tend to use a fair bit of disassociation mind games on sessions lasting longer than an hour and a half. Pain and boredom on a turbo go hand in hand - its the suffering that can be mitigated against.

    Or that's the theory anyways.

    ReplyDelete