I think most people would like it here. In truth it's only now do I realise how lucky I was as a child to live here with its beaches and spaces to generally run riot in. As an adult I still like it - the low tax rate, lack of VAT, Council or inheritance Tax certainly help although lack of job opportunities outside of the Sate or Finance sectors prevent me from returning with my family. Perhaps when I'm older.
Anyways, I didn't bring my bike over on the 20min flight from Southampton so instead I packed my running shoes. I've not run an inch since early June of this year when, following yet another knee injury, I vowed to never run again. So as you can imagine I set off this morning with quite the sense of trepidation.

above: part of the north coast of Guenrsey - gentle off road tracks make for fantastic running with superb sea views
I needn't have worried. I ran for a little over an hour at a steady HR of 160 ish and at a pace at match. Nice and easy. No pain, no discomfort just an enjoyable run around the northern coastline of the Island and across the odd sandy beach. A rather beautiful way to spend an hour in the crisp december sun shine. Glorius.
No comments:
Post a Comment