With 2009 almost done I thought I'd spend a few minutes looking over the past year and setting a few goals for 2010. I've always liked goal setting as it gives a purpose to what ever your doing. Labelling them here should also help. There's nothing like a public proclamation of intent to spark motivation..... or thats the idea anyway.
2009 - A quick sporting review
Best described as a mixed bag. 2009 was the year where I finally realised my best running days are 10 years in the past. Time, mileage and injury finally caught up with me. It was time to stop.
Before anyone says anything, it's not like I didn't give it a go. I ran the Paris Marathon in April and made it round the Guernsey 26.2 miles in August but looking back, I wasn't happy in doing so. My times were slow, I didn't enjoy the training, and felt very much as if the whole experience was a chore - they joy had gone.
So i stopped running. Simple as that. In truth I've run less than 5 times since August. Apart from a few hours in the last month or so I've not missed it. I honestly haven't. Will I run again? Possibly. Just now I'm not too sure. Time perhaps will tell....
2010 Goals
1) Finish the Etape
- Clearly
- This is the main sporting goal for 2010
- I had perhaps thought I'd look at getting a silver or gold standard but one step at a time. Come July, I'll be more than happy to finish
2) Loose the spare tyre
- I'd like to get down to nearer the 10 and a half stone mark (67 ish kilos)
- This is doable. So long as I cut the booze and the cheese (I looove cheese) I should be fine
3) Quit the booze & cheese until July 18th
- As per goal 2 above
4) Manage my time to make room for training and family
- Something I've not been good at in the past
- There is more to life than the Etape
- No really, there is more to life than the Etape
5) After July 18th:
- Eat my body weight in cheese
- Drink my body weight in Champagne
So really thats it. 2010 from a sporting front is simple enough and I'm positive I'll manage to do them. I'm quite ruthless in such things.
See you in 2010.
Wednesday, 30 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment