Early this year when I heard that a start up company (MetriGear) were planning on rolling out a power meter system using Ant+ within Q1 of 2010 for a little over £600 I was more than a little excited. The excitement more than doubled when looking at the product. On paper its small, neat and tidy and works in conjunction with Speadplay Zeros. Excellent news!

above: the MetriGear Vector and how it links up with the Speedplay Zeros
Sadly I've received an email from the company detailing as much as their Vector system has slipped into late Q2 so while an exciting concept it's still little more than vapour ware.
Hopefully the news coming out of MetriGear over the next few months will indicate no further slippages although for some reason I suspect this shant be the case.
In the meantime I'll stick with the HR monitor and scour ebay for any bargains.....
No comments:
Post a Comment