Monday, 14 December 2009

High winds, a small plane and a nervous flyer - I'm off to barf....

Well thats it - I've just about finished my long weekend here in Guernsey. Total riding time since Thursday of last week = exactly zero hours.

While I've been for a few runs on and around the Guernsey Cliff Paths I've more than likely put on a few pounds over the past few days as I've more than overeaten and drunk far too much booze.

There are a set of scales quite close to hand although I've too afraid to get on them. I blame last nights "fake" Xmas day.

Does anyone else do this i.e. have more than one Xmas dinner (with all the gut expanding trimmings) so no one side of the family feels left out for their siblings being absent on December 25th?

No? Oh well ok - it's just me then is it? Anyways..... I'm off to the airport. A 25 min flight into Southampton awaits.


I'm not a great fan of air travel at the best of times. As there's a force 8 gale going on outside and the planes (with propellers!!!!) going to and from the UK to Guernsey fly at about 5k meters I'm REALLY not looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment